Spring Oaks Middle School
Dress Code Requirements
The dress code is in place to provide for a safe and distraction free environment. As concerns arise the administration reserves the right to modify the dress code at any time during the school year.
· Short sleeve polo-style knit with collar and sized to fit in traditional, modest manner (not oversized or too tight).
· Navy or White in color.
· Shirts must be solid colors, logos no larger than a quarter.
· No exposed midriff – shirts must be long enough to cover midriff when arms are raised.
· All undershirts must be white or navy blue (short or long sleeve).
· No clothing with rips, tears, or cuts may be worn (even on free dress days).
· School spirit shirts or college shirts on Fridays only with uniform bottoms.
· Pants, shirts, or shorts must be khaki or navy blue.
· Pants, skirts, or shorts must be cotton twill (jeans or legging type pants not allowed).
· Shorts, skirts, and Capri pants must be no higher than the knee.
· Pants must fit appropriate to student size and should not fall below the waist.
· Tight-fitting attire such as stretch fabric/spandex is not allowed.
Sweatshirts/Jackets & Coats
· Long sleeve navy blue with SOMS logo or plain navy blue with no logos or designs.
· Must be worn over a uniform shirt with collar underneath.
· No Hoodies of any kind are allowed at any time (Not on free dress days as well).
· Jackets and coats may be worn on cold weather days and must be worn over approved sweatshirt.
· Jackets and Coats may not be worn during the school day.
· Tennis Shoes preferred and need to be gray, brown, black, or white.
· No solid Red and no solid Blue shoes allowed.
· Shoes must allow for safe movement throughout the building; Shower shoes, water shoes, flip-flops, slippers, or house shoes are not allowed.
· Shoes must be securely fastened at all times.
· Hair should be neat and well-groomed (fades/cut-outs on head or eyebrows not allowed).
· Hair must be a natural color.
· No facial hair on boys.
· Hats, Hairnets, Do rags, Sweatbands, and Bandanas are not allowed
· Girls may wear hoop earrings (no larger than a quarter). Boys may wear small stud earrings (no hoops)
· Chains, necklaces, etc. Must be worn inside shirt and not visible.
· No visible facial piercings (lips, nose, eyebrows, etc.)
· Earbuds may not be visible during school hours (only used by direction of a teacher)
· No headphones allowed.
· No body marking with pens/pencils